View Single Post
Old
10-19-2012, 11:11 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
Maybe but I think the marginal utility of that first 10k is worth a lot more than that of the ten thousandth 10k. Fighting over costs of living, putting kids through college vs the difference between a ferrari f-50 and an f-500.

There are good kids in the ECHL playing hockey for 600 bucks a week, travelling all over, never seeing their families. Yet somehow the ECHL plays hockey every year.
My point is that people at all points on the spectrum fight over money, and just because these guys are fighting for millions instead of hundreds doesn't make their plight any more right or wrong. We can all speak in hypothetical's about how greedy the players are being, but in all honesty, would anyone here fork over 12% of their current multi-million dollar salary after being told 8 years ago that we had to fork over 25% of it?

It's just baffling to me that so many fans are up in arms about the lockout. If you're so pissed off at the parties involved, go watch the NFL, NBA, MLS, PGA, or any of the other professional sports out there. Subscribe to a season pass for the AHL or any of the Junior leagues. Stream games from overseas. There are a million options out there for you. It's easy to call everyone "greedy" from the sidelines because you really have nothing invested in the process.