Old
10-19-2012, 10:58 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
OK but still I don't get the joy in potentially skewering a groupthink that doesn't appear to exist.
Folks seem to be suggesting that Davidson is somehow "deliverance" from Howson and Priest (okay, sure, he'd help), and yet there still seems to be an overly large focus on vindictive vengeance rather than actual reasoned planning on the part of some of those assembled here. But not everybody. Not by half.

So part of it was indeed to poke at folks who genuinely do think that way... but the other part was to get those other folks to come out and acknowledge that such a position is madness, that the "Howson isn't getting the job done" crowd isn't as universally united as the extremists would like to believe, and that they don't feel that a firing is necessarily fully required to improve the situation.

Right now I think that's working pretty damn well, personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Consider those that took abuse before wanting Howson's head became in vogue. At one point you and Viqsi (who by the way is less on your side than she was a year ago) where in the majority.

If we start winning, you'll be in the majority again.
I'm not sure if either position has really been in the majority per se. Unless one counts "majority" as "being able to speak without the chimps throwing crap at you."

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote