View Single Post
Old
10-19-2012, 11:13 AM
AceintheSpace*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
The players brought this upon themselves. As did the owners. Walked on? In what sense?

The players signed these contracts knowing full well that there was no chance in hell the contracts would be honored as is when the CBA expired.

The owners agreed to sign these contracts knowing full well they had no intention of honoring them as is when the CBA expired.

Take responsibility for your actions.

The contracts should be honored. In a sense. But the league needs to cut back salary. Its a sacrifice that has to be made. And thats life.

What concessions are the players really giving up? Its not their league.

They are paid, handsomely, for their unique skills.

How are they being walked on? For the betterment of the league they have to give up a little.

50/50 split. They won't get their full contracts. If the league is to be more healthy moving forward, the owners HAVE TO "win more" then the players. Players will come and go through this league but the league wants stability an longevity with its franchises.

Because the league shows no respect for its players. What did Fehr say about the MLB? Everything changed in those negotiations when the owners started to respect the PA.

It sets a very ****** precedent for any future CBAs, and if I were a player, id probably just maximize on my income playing elsewhere. No matter what profession, youre always looking for higher income. Id hate to have to be confined to a league with so many economic issues that I have to take paycuts every so many years because they dont know how to run their league properly, money notwithstanding. Its purely about honoring the contract, whether its 50 bucks or 50 million.

If my employer kept telling me they needed to cut my pay because they dont know how to run their own business, id be furious and look elsewhere.

Business is cyclical and ups and downs but the NHL just cant seem to get itself running on any level efficiently. Shaky business.