View Single Post
Old
10-19-2012, 11:47 AM
TasteofFlames

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Yeah, but that's based on brand recognition and reputation, not on their stadium development tactics. I don't see how aping their scoreboard design would help.

Personally, I'd worry about the "small" screens on either end as being somewhat inaccessible to folks sitting in those sections.
Fair enough, but I would say that getting people to talk about your brand goes a long way towards brand recognition, which is how I'm looking at this. People love new and fancy technology and a 50' wide TV certainly will get people talking (even if only for a time). While a single marketing gimmick won't turn Tampa into the Dallas Cowboys, talking about a TV in the middle of a labor dispute is a pretty good distraction, and if the lockout is over as soon as we all hope it is, a giant TV is a pretty good segue into "buy more tickets!" I know quite a few people who had never been to a Cowboys game (don't waste your time, you end up paying hundreds of dollars to stare at a TV anyway) who put up a boatload of cash to get into the new stadium, largely because of the press the screen got. (I grew up around Dallas and my family lives there)

TasteofFlames is offline   Reply With Quote