View Single Post
Old
10-19-2012, 03:05 PM
kihekah19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I get so frustrated hearing guys like Fehr, Ladd, Toews, etc. talk about how rough a deal they got last time. NONE of those three were involved with the NHL at that time. In the case of loud mouths like Ladd and Toews, the only thing they've known since becoming involved with the NHL AFTER the last lockout is "record revenues" and seeing the average salary DOUBLE.
How do you feel about Shane Doan characterizing the situation as: Normally someone says "give me your money, or I'll hurt you".....in this case we're being told (according to Shane): "give us your money and then we'll hurt you". ?

I for one find it a horrible analogy and think the players are so gullible to the whispers of Fehr that it's ludicrous. They need to understand that it is not their league and that they own NOTHING and are mere employees. The risk they assume is on the ice and that is the way it should be.

When I hear comments like Shane's and worse yet (and I forget who said it) the one that generally asked "if your employer came to you and told you that you would be taking a pay deduction, what would you do? I find myself further and further alienated from this the greatest game in the world, played at it's highest level.

kihekah19 is offline   Reply With Quote