View Single Post
Old
10-19-2012, 02:26 PM
IHWR
The Chiropractor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Very few players are truly untouchable, but it would take something pretty significant to make me want to part with Despres. With his size, skillset, and great play in limited action (you could argue he was our best defenseman outside of Letang during his call-ups), he's not only NHL-ready now, but has legit potential to become a good complementary top-pairing defenseman.

Outside of including him in a package for a Bobby Ryan-type winger (productive, young, manageable contract), I wouldn't let him go.
Yeah...I don't disagree but Sidney Crosby is untouchable. Despres isn't and that's my only point here. The word untouchable on these boards is crazy over used. Basically, Despres is untouchable because he's a pretty good prospect that a bunch of fans really like. Rundblad was "untouchable" by Sens fans last year and he and a second round pick got swapped for Turris to fill a big need for them.

So it is entirely possible that Despres or another prospect defenseman get dealt for a winger...so there aren't untouchable.

****...if you ask me we should be actively trying to move one of these defensemen (Despres, Dumoulin, Harrington, etc...) to try and add some much needed winger depth...but what do I know...

IHWR is offline   Reply With Quote