View Single Post
Old
10-19-2012, 02:28 PM
Carolinas Identity
This is ARRGH State!

vCash: 500
So, Jussi Trollinen may or may not have gotten into the Knob Creek during last nites Seahawks game then passed out on his couch.

I did however, get the Kings game in tho.

@

Summary

1st
---

No Score

Penalty - 10:55 - CAR - Joni Pitkänen 2:00 for interference

2nd
----

ES Goal - 12:34 - CAR - Eric Staal (Joe Corvo, Jarome Iginla) wrist shot from right side of slot

Penalty - 16:38 - LA - Drew Doughty 2:00 for roughing

Penalty - 17:21 - LA - Jonathon Quick 2:00 for delay of game

PP Goal - 18:42 - CAR - Alexander Semin (Cam Ward) slap shot from left side board

3rd
---

Penalty - 3:29 - LA - Anze Kopitar 2:00 for hitting from behind

ES Goal - 11:11 - CAR - Drayson Bowman (Pat Dwyer, Joe Corvo) back hand on breakaway

Penalty - 12:06 - LA - Jarret Stoll 5:00 for fighting

Penalty - 12:06 - CAR - Tim Gleason 5:00 for fighting

Three Stars
------------

* - Cam Ward - 1A, 35/35 saves made, shut out
** - Eric Staal - GWG, +1, 11 hits
*** - Joe Corvo - 2A, +2

Face Off % - CAR 21/52 (40.38%) - LA 31/52 (59.62%)
PP - CAR 1/3 - LA 0/1
PK - CAR 1/1 - LA 2/3

Post Game Comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller
Amazing game by the guys tonite, especially Wardo. What can ya say? Would I like our starting goalie to have to stop 35 shots? Hell no, but that's what happened, and he did. We'll go over some stuff in the film room soon enough to tighten up a bit, don't wanna over do it too much though, we pride ourselves on our fast paced run and gun style, but even with that said, 35 shots is still too high. After the performances the past two days however, I'm gonna go ahead and give the guys friday off. 24 hours to get away and relax a bit before we get back to work against San Jose on saturday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Semin
(In response to a question to walk us through his goal) Well, Kings dump the puck down, took a bounce around net so I start up ice. I see defence pinch little with a forward trap down low on forcheck, so I race off to maybe start a break. Wardo got the puck ahead of the forward and he see me I think racing down, so he make risky long pass. I'm able to settle it down as I cross their blue line with only one man to beat. I'm by the side board so no really room to try to deke him, so I take a chance and shoot high and hard rather than take hit. And lucky for us it find a hole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam Ward
Well, what can you say, the team is scoring well so I figure why can't I get in on it a bit? After they dumped it down, I went out to play it but it rolled around the boards faster than I expected and I noticed one of their forwards, Richards I think, got trapped down low, guess he thought it wouldn't go as fast, and I saw Alex trying to break out and Doughty pinched, guess he thought I was just gonna dump it off short, so instead I threw it down the ice and somehow managed to almost hit Semin in stride. After that he just made a picture perfect shot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarome Iginla
Well, I get paid a lot and because of that, I'd like to score more, for sure. But for now, until I start getting the bounces I know will come, I'm just gonna keep working hard and I'm glad I've at least been able to chip in with a couple assists and have been solid on the PK. The goals will come Raleigh, I can promise you that. (Intentionally silly southern drawl) And I hope ya'll are gettin' ready for this undefeated behemoth to roll into Raleigh, North Car'lina after two more games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Gleason
Stolly came over and asked me what kind of vodka I had in my water bottle and said a few other things I can't say on tv. Normally I wouldn't like to take myself out of the game for 5 minutes like that, I knew he was just trying to create a spark for his team and he got me. The game was still kinda close at that point and I shouldn't have bitten but I did. We got the win though so, even though he knocked me down, I'll take that trade any day of the week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Sutter
Well... um... yeah..... we.... um... lost.... um... the.... game.... yeah. We'll.... work.... on.... some.... things... ummm..... yeah...
Another dominate win, but still somewhat concerning how bad this team is at face offs. Day off friday, back to work @ the Sharks on saturday.

Carolinas Identity is online now   Reply With Quote