View Single Post
Old
10-19-2012, 04:13 PM
Drizzt1

vCash: 500
A season without pay, or a season away in Europe from their families, and certain players will start pressuring the NHLPA. Right now, most players would be well and truly cashed up, riding around in their sports cars, and having an extended holiday in their condos playing golf etc.

Heck, some players may be ardent investors, and have huge mortgages, and may be having to sell assets to satisfy The Bank.

Lots of people tend to live to their means, week by week, regardless of salary.

Also, the above still doesn't mean I feel sorry for them. The NHLPA is the voice of the players. Just seeing Fehr speak to the media / public annoys me. He just comes off repugnant, as though he's enjoying the whole deal.

There is one major goal for Bettman and the NHLPA, and that is that Hockey is played, and the game grows and is healthy. They have both failed in that area, and should be held to account for such, and immediately fired.

I also wouldn't mind a few players being de-registered (ring leaders if you will). We may lose some talent, but my hope is they'd be replaced by players with passion and heart.

I'd much rather watch players who want to play above all else, than those scrapping for the last amount of coin, who are on 36k per day, 365 days per year.

Drizzt1 is offline   Reply With Quote