View Single Post
Old
10-19-2012, 07:54 PM
TheDevilMadeMe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinter Klaas View Post
Two things, what two games pray tell, did Hasek play badly in that 1994 series? I count 1 bad game. And he may have had the best playoff game ever in that series.

Secondly, the 1999 offensive numbers of the Sabres are skewed simply because they played a crappy defensive team of Toronto, a team they scored, 5, 3, 4, 5, and 4 goals respectively. The other series goal totals were 2, 3, 3, 4, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 2, 1, 2, 0, and 1 goal. Hardly earth shattering offense.

Thirdly, everyone is ignoring the fact that Hasek had the burden of having to outplay the opponent's goaltender in almost series in order for the team to win. No one should ever say that Broduer outplayed Hasek in 1994, that Kolzig outdueled him in 1998, that Belfour did the same in 1999, rather their teams outplayed his team and that was difference. He did his part.
I thought Kolzig outplayed Hasek in 1998, especially in overtime. Hasek played great, but Kolzig was even better.

Good point about the offensive numbers being skewed against Toronto, but I'm sure you can find examples of that in lots of playoff runs. NJ scored over 4 goals per game in the first round against Montreal in 1997, but then scored exactly 1 goal per game against the Rangers in the second round.

TheDevilMadeMe is offline   Reply With Quote