View Single Post
Old
10-19-2012, 09:19 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanMoranFanclub View Post

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle4622895/

The players' proposals take 5 more years to get to 50%. Not only do they guarantee raises for the players every year (with the possible exception of 2015-16 where salaries remain the same for one year under one of the proposals), but they give the owners only a single season of 50/50 before the CBA expires. And there's no cost certainty. It's based on projected revenue growth; not on percentages of HRR. That's not a realistic offer.

Care to take a guess as to why the third offer proposed in those meetings wasn't addressed in Mirtle's article? Because the idea that Fehr offered a deal that goes to 50/50 immediately while guaranteeing full payment of all contracts is a lie (that's right, Cap'n Bettman's not the only liar in this thing). If it was mathematically possible, the CBA would have been settled in September. But unfortunately, 50% of $3.47 billion (the very generously projected revenue for this coming season) is well short of the $1.88 billion the players made last year. I don't know what Fehr might have proposed in this mystical 3rd proposal, but it sure as hell isn't what he claimed.

Here's a little insight into how Mr. Fehr's been handling these negotiations:

Pardon the cliche, but Donald Fehr sure does sound like a class act, huh? At least he didn't walk into the meeting wearing sweat pants, I guess.
As I keep saying, they can guarantee the current contracts and get to 50/50 right off the bat. You don't need to defy mathematic laws to do it either. Current deals get grandfathered in, while all contracts signed under the new CBA are calculated at 50%. The league just uses variable percentages to determine each set group of contracts.

Why do people assume all contracts have to be calculated under the same percentages?