View Single Post
Old
10-19-2012, 10:08 PM
Trl3789

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezeral View Post
I hate teams that bring in a ringer for games against a good team. While I understand things happen and players can't make it, only having 9 skaters isn't an excuse to call up a buddy that is one of the top players in the Division above yours and then have him play almost the entire game. I get it when it happens with a goalie. Sometimes the only guy available is someone who is way overqualified for the league, but you should sack up and play one guy short rather than go get a guy who is going to single handedly change the quality of your team
I've actually found that goalies from the upper levels can struggle against the lower competition because things are way less predictable. They have expectations of what the "smart" or "correct" play would be, so when new players do something different, the goalie gets caught out of position or isn't ready.

Things that confuse me: When better skating Dmen get paired with less fleet of foot guys, and consistently decide to join the rush or carry the puck up. One turnover and its a 3 on 1 with the a less agile D man and his partner completely on the other side of the ice.