Old
10-19-2012, 10:59 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69

Tonight's highlights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govment Cheese View Post
Just got home from the game. Will take the two points anyway we can get them. This game shouldn't have gone to OT. I sit behind the goal on the ADS defend twice end. So, I get a very good look at how the goalie is playing in periods one and three. Bobkov with a few soft goals. Has at times had trouble finding and controlling the puck. Not sure what is wrong with his glove but it looks like the puck is popping out or it is defecting off the outside.

I think Yawney doesn't have a clear number one goalie yet and is splitting starts between Bobkov and Andersen until one out performs the other. Then again since AHL is development he maybe under direction from the Ducks to keep both goalies in rotation so both get ice time and have a chance to improve their games.
Of the three games I've watched, it's clear that Andersen is the guy. He's much steadier. More athletic. He sees things better. One of the goals he let in was a total goof. Bobkov has had too many head-slapping moments. As of now, it's clear whose head is in the game and whose isn't.

Last edited by DuckJet: 10-19-2012 at 11:09 PM.