Old
10-19-2012, 11:07 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
The Dynamic Duo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHWR View Post
This. Is. My. Biggest. Fear.

I think we blew it with the Pouliot pick and a large part of me feels that it's part of Shero's attempt to recreate the Predators blue line from the past 2-3 years.

It was a bonehead move to pick a project defensemen ahead of more established forwards. I even said after the draft that if you were to tell me that somehow we nabbed Pouliot and Maatta with our first two picks I would have assumed we never traded Staal, moved up to pick Maatta on the first day and grabbed Pouliot in the second round. Someone got cute picking Pouliot at #8...especially with Forsberg and Grigorenko still on the board.

Ridiculous.
Yeah, we're on the same page here. Hard to justify the Pouliot pick from either a BPA (based on general consensus) or team need perspective. If their off-the-board, position-of-strength pick ends up being the wrong one, someone needs to be held accountable.

For the record though, I do like Pouliot from what little I've seen of him. He's a smart, sly playmaker who can dictate the pace of the game. He just doesn't seem like the right pick at that point.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote