View Single Post
Old
10-19-2012, 11:34 PM
Frk It
#FireHolland

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Very uneven effort at times. The Griffins really fell apart after Almqvist turnover changed the game. Grant lost his fight but was stepping up to help Callahan as that was the other guys original target, so that helps explain the rough hit and then exchange for those who didn't watch the game.

Jurco and Ferraro were our best forwards. Tatar and Nyquist looked dangerous at times but they need to start driving the net a little more. They are on the outside too often for my liking right now.

Pearce had a rough outing, really only had one big save and as pointed out in this thread struggled getting side to side. He was nowhere near the same level of play as the opener. Also a little surprised he got the nod with McCollum playing somewhat of a homecoming game of sorts.

They will need to pick up their play. Because something worth noting that we don't talk about a lot is that Toledo has two highly thought of goalies. The Hawks have Kent Simpson a second round pick and also first year pro. So that is going to be an even time share. So it isn't like Mrazek is going to get every start down there like some of us hoped. If he is in an every other start position down there and that is how they are going to run it, it doesn't make sense not to demote Pearce into that situation especially if the goalies in Grand Rapids run on a similar system.
I was at the game tonight. One guy who really impressed me was Aubry, I was really impressed with his stick and defensive play. The guy had a ton of steals, and he is great in the neutral zone.

Disagree with Ferraro being one of the best forwards tonight. I thought Nyquist carried his line with his skating and puck control, and Tatar and Ferraro were pretty much non-factors at even strength. Outside of that deflection and a couple short-handed rushes I don't really think Ferraro did much.

Outside of that bad turnover I thought Almqvist played pretty good. He was awesome in the offensive zone finding the open man and accurate passes, but he looked a bit vulnerable in the neutral zone and his own end.

I thought Parkes-Aubry-Jurco was the best line, they were great on the forecheck, and controlled play most the time they were out there. Sheahan didn't get that much icetime early, but late in the game he was flying around pretty good back-checking and ragging the puck. He looks like he has the best combination of size and skating on the team.