View Single Post
Old
10-19-2012, 11:39 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
I thought Aubry had a really good game. I was at the game tonight, and I was really impressed with his stick and defensive play. The guy had a ton of steals, and he is great in the neutral zone.

Disagree with Ferraro being one of the best forwards tonight. I thought Nyquist carried his line with his skating and puck control, and Tatar and Ferraro were pretty much non-factors at even strength. Outside of that deflection and a couple short-handed rushes I don't really think Ferraro did much.

Outside of that bad turnover I thought Almqvist played pretty good. He was awesome in the offensive zone finding the open man and accurate passes, but he looked a bit vulnerable in the neutral zone and his own end.

I thought Parkes-Aubry-Jurco was the best line, they were great on the forecheck, and controlled play most the time they were out there. Sheahan didn't get that much icetime early, but late in the game he was flying around pretty good back-checking and ragging the puck.
Not going to disagree with a whole bunch of what was said. I just think Ferraro is active he does a good job at getting into danger zones and pushing the D back. The centers on this team need to drive the net more, well really the whole team needs better net drive to be honest.

Sheahan made a lot of very simple plays that were tougher than they looked. He is very good at breaking pressure and he back-checks like a monster. Both he and Aubry are so hard on the other team when they are out there. They do a great job of using their size and skating to turnover pucks.