Thread: Heard on CKAC??
View Single Post
Old
05-13-2006, 07:27 PM
turnbuckle*

vCash: 500
Our top prospects are wingers mostly...why not trade one of our wingers and a winger prospect for a decent young center. Pittsburgh needs some wingers...perhaps Zednik and Ferland for Ryan Malone.

Then pick up a Daze at minumum salary with some bonus clauses for games played as insurance against losing Zednik. Don't resign sunny or Bulis, deal Bonk to Washington for a third round draft pick (they have lots of cap room), and sign Chara long-term to the maximum, who is buddies with Souray. Pick up a cheap role-playing vet to fill in on the fourth line

Higgins Koivu Daze
Kosty/Perez Malone Kovalev
Begin Plekanec Ryder
Chipchura Lapierre Murray
Downey UFA

Markov Komo
Souray Chara
Dandy Rivet
Cube

Huet
Danis

Deal Aebischer/Ribeiro for in a package deal for the highest draft pick, hopefully a second rounder, or separately for whatever, perhaps two third rounders.

I think with that defence, we can be competitive in the east without question, especially if Daze, Chipchura, Kosty, Lapierre and Malone provide more spark than Ribeiro, Sunny, Bulis, Bonk and Zednik, which I believe they would. Daze would be a question mark of course with his back, but if he's out the Habs can always deal for another forward. Hopefully they wouldn't have to bother as Kostitsyn will have earned a regular spot anyway.

Some may question having so many younger players in the lineup, but I say look at the Ducks lineup. Penner, Lupul, Getzlaf, Perry et al...they're doing just fine with the energetic young players.