View Single Post
Old
10-20-2012, 01:56 AM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
I'm done trying to predict, or get my hopes up for who we pick. we'll probably pick some swede we never heard about we'll hate the pick and then the pick will look good over time
The only Swede I can see us taking in the first round that fits that description is Jacob De La Rose. De La Rose in my opinion is overrated as a first rounder. Wasn't impressed with him when I saw him play for Sweden at the WJC U-18. Could easily see him slipping to the second round. Bukarovsky or Elias Lindholm would be dynamite picks if we were to continue the trend of Swedish first rounders.

Regardless, I don't really think this is a year where we have to PREDICT who we get. This group is so strong, we can just look at the group as a whole and know which of the many talented players we were lucky enough to get. Doubt we're a playoff contender if the season starts late, so it's safe to expect a top 15 pick and right now a top 15 of Mack, Jones, Drouin, Monahan, Barkov, Shinkaruk, Lindholm, Domi, Lazar, Burakovsky, Duclair, Ristolainen, Erne, Haag, Morrissey looks pretty awesome...and there's still talent left over and who knows who will be a riser.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote