View Single Post
Old
05-13-2006, 09:00 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Can someone do a detailed report on Grabovsky, I know he's highly skilled but I havent seen him once. Is he like Kaigadorov from the Sens?

I've seen him a couple times, I've got some dvd of him with Neftekhimik and Dynamo. He's small, 5'9 or so but seems to be stronger lower body but lacking upper body. Fast, fast, fast. But the thing with his speed is how freaking quickly he hits top gear. Works hard, skates really well, handles the puck well at high speed. Seems to have some good moves, a nice shot, passes the puck really well as his vision helps him find players in prime spots. I think his defense is ok, if he were to get stonger it would likely help him. What you'll likely notice the most is his speed, skating, acceleration, his efforts on the ice, and how he continues to create offense. Things happen when he's on the ice from what I've seen. I have no clue what his upside is in terms of the NHL or when he'll see a regular spot with the Habs but I can say that I feel most fans will enjoy watching him play. The concern at this point would be how he'll handle himself on the smaller ice. It proved to be a problem at times for Perezhogin, imo and these guys scored at around the same pace although different styles as Perezhogin imo doesn't have the passing game Grabo has.

I hope the news is true, I would love to see Grabovsky come over, hope Emelin is not far behind.