Old
10-20-2012, 10:13 AM
piqued
Global Moderator
shift

vCash: 27750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Farkas View Post
- That breakout is really iffy. I know they won't play a team like Wilkes-Barre very often, but they have a two-man forecheck, I wonder what the book says to do then...my gut feeling is "ice it" based on what Dillon and Benn do with it...

If you're going to go back, sit behind the net and set up, you might as well come at them with numbers...but they do the opposite, somehow.
Welcome to every Dallas game from the past couple of years.
Quote:
Which makes me wonder where the other guys are going on the breakout...every time I went to figure it out though, the camera man was focused on an ad along the boards or that weird gnome thing in the stands (perhaps he was looking for his fox, Swift?)
David the Gnome reference ftmfw.
Quote:
- If I didn't know any better, I'd really get a weird vibe from Texas after watching this game...was that lovechild of Yosemite Sam and Daniel Boone that dropped the puck to open the game something I should know about? Is that the Sam Hill from "What the Sam Hill are you talking about?" ...does anyone actually say that? There were a couple instances of crowd shots that really made me wonder if I was doing something wrong by not dressing like that to go to a hockey game...I doubt that was a fair representation of the state though...
No, but it was a fair representation of Houston.
Quote:
- I liked what Cody Eakin does out there. He gets a lot of responsbility and doesn't look out of place with it. He's in charge of being an offensive catalyst for this team - which is a tiny bit over his head, I'd think, but he does decent enough with it. He's not really a playmaker by trade I don't believe, more of a goal-scorer which makes it a tougher fit. That top line with Vincour and R.Smith looked pretty good. I liked Vincour, subtlely effective...if you're really paying attention, he shows that he's more or less above this level but because he doesn't have a lot of flash and dash, he kind of blends in a little. This is good for him though, get him some offensive confidence before heading back to Dallas for good...he seems to have a habit of missing some quality chances...
That line has certainly been the best part of Texas' season so far. I think they might have another gear of dominance in them as things go along.
Quote:
- Dillon left me wanting a lot more tonight, though I'm aware of his overall capabilities. I thought Nemeth was decent minus the falling down that led directly to a goal thing...Oleksiak threw one hit I think, it's a shame he doesn't plant a couple of these guys but it's not his style and he's still a youngster. Sometimes I think you could light his pants on fire though and he'd just shrug...passing it up the middle of your defensive zone like that, blick.
Yeah, pretty much every D other than Fortunus had some seriously forgettable moments last night.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote