View Single Post
Old
10-20-2012, 11:17 AM
joe89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
Speaking of the Swedish media, and I don't mean any offense, or to incite, and maybe you view the Canadian media as equally bias... but I think the Swedish sports media is gutter tabloid driven nonsense. The young player who was encouraged to break the Russian doll before the game... I don't blame the player in that scenario, he was encouraged on by the scrum of media guys around him...I hope those guys were punished in some way....

I only hate the Russian media more. ))) and that's only because I read and speak Russian, so I get a sense of everything which is written about Canada...
That's because the two biggest papers in Sweden are just that. And they always scream the loudest. Yeah, they'll get you covered but you'll also have to eat all the sensationalistic crap they spew. But if you take a tsn.ca equivalent like hockeysverige.se, than you'll get just fine, proper, journalism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
Oh and I meant to ask... was there any resolution to the Taping of Practice at the recent IIHF congress in Japan? Swedish Ice hockey Federation promised to raise the issue at the congress as a result of Canada not allowing it at the Ivan Hlinka. Did you hear anything about it there?

thanks for the website. I'll take a peek during the U20 at xmas time.
Haven't heard anything about it.

Last edited by joe89: 10-20-2012 at 11:24 AM.
joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote