View Single Post
Old
12-07-2003, 10:19 AM
loveshack2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go pierre hedin
Let's get this straight... we will see NO top prospects being moved at the deadline for veteran players. Considering Quinn is convinced there will be a strike, I don't see how the Leafs are going to give up Steen or even Colaiacovo for a player 10 times their senior.
No *top* prospects? Fair enough. I agree especially if the player coming back is a pending free agent, it's unlikely to cost a very good prospect. I do think we're likely to see something happen though. Trottier makes some very good points, the Leafs are one of the better teams in the conference and with the CBA uncertainty I think it would be foolish not to at least try to go for it when you're so close and you may not get another shot.

I think a deal similar to the one that brought Wesley to the Leafs last year is very possible (2nd rounder I think) for a solid #4 guy. Considering what he, Numminen (Sillinger) and Schneider (!st, 2nd, Kuznetsov, Avery) all went for recently I dont think the Leafs will have to give up one of their top prospects to get a good top 4 guy later in the year.