Old
10-20-2012, 01:23 PM
Clipitar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
AHL Action: Marlies versus Bulldogs.

Prospect Marlies:
Gardiner once again in my opinion was the best player on the ice. He ended getting the only goal for the marlies against Mayer who seemed like a god in net.
Kadri was by far our best forward again tonight, but did make some errors in the offensive zone but it might be due to the frustration that our entire team was facing on not scoring a goal.
Blacker seems to have gotten more responsibility under Eakins this time around. He's been on the powerplay and penalty kill, and has shown good chances for the Marlies. I hope his buffer time is over after last year with all the injuries and he starts to rack up some points with the added responsibility.
Mckegg was silent and wasn't that active as I wanted him but then again the entire Marlies team was shut down by Mayer.
D'amigo tried to spark the team but failed he was pretty good at times but even then he wasn't a game changed tonight.
Deschamps after a torrid start with marlies after the trade, seems lost.

Bulldogs:
Jared Tinordi was a beauty tonight. Aside from Mayer he really stood out to me, he was solid and made some good plays to stop the offensive. If the bulldogs didn't have mayer to save his ass, everyone would have relied on him. He also seems to use his body well and I am curious on how he paces himself to use it more in the AHL.
Nathan Beaulieu was good from time to time, I was mostly praising Tinordi but he picked it up as the game progressed. I really like how he joins in the rush but he sometimes doesn't do it at the right times IMO. He's a guy to watch for sure and I'll see how he does as the season progresses.
One guy I haven't heard much about that stood out tonight was Corbin, he seems like a chipping in offensively from the offensive zone. I can't say much about him as I don't know him.
Forward wise there weren't any that really stood out for me, sure Leblanc got those two goals but still he didn't seem that impress me as much. Bournival on the other seemed like a good soldier and was making some good moves.

That's all I got from tonights game. I'll try to do a short recap on prospect tomorrow as well.
Nice write-up.

Round II tonight, and this time I'll be able to watch!

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote