View Single Post
Old
10-20-2012, 01:23 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Watched the Norfolk Admirals-Connecticut Whale game (Admirals win 5-4 in OT), my thoughts

Whale:
Kreider: completely underwhelmed. Yes he's faster than I remember. And yes he looks physically capable of playing in the NHL, but he didn't wow me at all
Brandon Segal: Looked pretty good out there. Dominated on the score sheet. Looks like he's maybe another year out.
JT Miller: Well, he certainly looks like a first rounder, but he does seem to be a couple years out of being a regular for the Rangers.
Matt Gilroy: Annoyed me. In a good way. Kept guys out of the zone. Had a few goals, a few steals, and a few blocked shots.

Norfolk

Hampus Lindholm: Getting better by the game. Tonight was the first time I was genuinely happy we drafted him. He reminds me a bit of Fowler, but an inverse. While Fowler is stronger on offense than defense, Lindholm is stronger in his own zone than on offense. He was physically dominant (saw him shut down Kreider twice in open ice, and once along the boards). For an 18 year old, he's been fantastic in the AHL.
Sami Vatanen: Still looks like a star out there. 3 assists on the evening. Can be handled physically, though.
Kyle Palmieri: Still looks like a genuine threat to be a good top 6 forward
Corey Elkins: Had a hat trick tonight but he really strikes me as an opportunist. Still a few years out.
Smith Pelly: Had a great second game against Worchester, but I don't think he played as well. Dominated physically, but he mishandled the puck quite a bit.
Igor Bobkov: Too shaky in net. We want Andersen back.
Mat Clark: Looks like a good future #6 defender
Peter Holland: Still needs to add consistency to his game. He's physically at an NHL level, but his head isn't quite there yet.
Emerson Etem: Really needs to get it together. He hardly contributes when he doesn't have the puck and he disappears for long periods of time. Needs to learn to play the professional game. 3 games in, he's been disappointing. Didn't even have so much as a shot on goal tonight.
Thanks for the info. Just a fyi, Segal is 29 years old. Career minor leaguer/4th liner.

MetalGodAOD is online now   Reply With Quote