View Single Post
Old
10-20-2012, 02:17 PM
tsujimoto74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo87 View Post
<snip>

Leaving the best for last. I am completely enamored with Mark Pysyk, absolutely LOVE his game. He is just so smooth, poised, and smart with the puck. There is no panic in his game. Hopefully this isn't blown out of proportion because I mean it only in style comparison, but he has a Lidstrom-esque quality to his game. By that I mean he's able to control the game at both ends of the ice with very, very little flash. Plays mistake-free hockey and takes advantages of things when they're given. He's playing on the PK and PP and has been very effective at both from what I've seen. If you just isolate him and watch him for an entire shift, there is just so much that he does well that you never notice while watching the regular flow of the game. Very, very impressive. I'm really excited about his potential.
Totally and completely agree. Pysyk, IMO, has maybe been our best blue-liner so far this season. Every single game, it seems like he's making smart, safe plays in his own end, and smart, opportunistic plays in the offensive zone. He's also impressed me with his attitude of the ice in interviews and such. Seems like he's got a really good head on his shoulders. Can't wait to see how he continues to develop.