View Single Post
Old
10-20-2012, 03:29 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
It's just simply not possible to make proposals with guaranteed shares based off of any set revenue amount, that's the first issue I have with what Fehr's doing with these proposals. The second, as you mentioned, is that it's flat out not a realistic growth model.

It shouldn't be too hard to figure out, just stick with the current cap (ensuring that current contracts are honored) until revenue hits the point that it would be 50/50, then adjust from there. The players won't take that because it doesn't ensure growth in their salaries though. Likewise the owners probably wouldn't take it because there's no guarantee that revenues would hit that point where it would be 50/50 (though it's almost certain to happen IMO). It's going to take one side or the other making a concession like that from either side to get this thing done any time soon IMO.
Apparently, Bettman said that, if the players accept the other concessions that the owners want (longer ELC, longer path to UFA), then there is some room to negotiate on the terms of the split of HRR.

Personally, I can see room for compromise very soon on this issue. Indulge my optimism, but I would not see be incredibly surprised to see a deal reached before the 25th deadline.

Last edited by Finlandia WOAT: 10-20-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Finlandia WOAT is offline   Reply With Quote