View Single Post
Old
10-20-2012, 02:38 PM
Fulcrum

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesensation19 View Post
Malkin is Russias best player. NHL MVP, WC MVP and striving for more. Since hes taken his workouts and offseason more seriously he has become a dominant force and an elite player.

Ilya Kovulchuk and Malkin will be a nice compliment for one another. Malkin loves the puck, Ilya is not stubborn nor is he selfish.

Kov, Malkin, Radulov
Ovi, Datsyuk, Semin
I agree with that top 6.

I would never put Semin on the LW like some other posters did, he's terrible there- proven many times. And he is also the only player who could fall out of the top 6 for Kuznetsov or Tarasenko. Also Radulov hasn't been quiet himself, he might actually be replaced by Tarasenko if the guy keeps up.

The bottom 6 is anyone's guess, there's a lot of Good players with different skills and will come down to what tools the coaches want in the bottom 6.

Knowing the coaches, I can see the top 2 lines being all - out scoring weapons, with the 3rd line being a solid 2-way line, and 4th being a quick, workhorse shutdown line (with someone like Ketov, Tereschenko...)

Unless Yakupov blows up NHL or KHL with scoring (40+ goals), I really doubt we'll see him these Olympics.