View Single Post
Old
10-20-2012, 05:01 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Ya, let's not lie to ourselves. We'll all be back. We won't be pleased with the NHL brass, but we'll be back for the Devils at least.

Some Toronto fans had an interesting idea. They will only watch Maple Leafs games after the league is back, essentially becoming Leafs fans instead of NHL fans. I don't think I would do that, but it's an interesting distinction to make.
I more or less do that anyway, well it depends on your definition of 'watching' a game. A few minutes here, a few minutes there of whatever's on but I don't really make it a point to watch other teams' whole games per se except maybe the Winter Classic, which I boycotted last year for obvious reasons (though I still watched the 24/7 show).

If it's a playoff game I'll make it a point watch the last few minutes of the 3rd/OT but I can't really get into non-Devil NHL games enough to watch start to finish. I do like hockey don't get me wrong, but actually watching it for two and a half or more hours requires an emotional investment I don't have in those teams.