View Single Post
Old
10-20-2012, 05:04 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy and Abed View Post
And as mentioned a hundred times before, the Canucks are more than happy to keep him and go with the best goaltending tandem in the league with a very, very solid team in front of them.
And that's fine, but this thread exists to discuss proposals for Luongo and potential landing places (hopefully) based on any news that might come out. That's why the last thread was opened. That's why this thread is a continuation.

If the Canucks are happy keeping him as part of the best goaltender tandem in the league, why is he being shopped? I mean, I'm sure that's a fantastic back up plan, but it's pretty obvious at this point that Plan A is to get something for him. Great goaltending tandems don't usually spell post-season success.

With that said, I'm with people who say that if Gillis can't improve the Canucks he might as well keep Luongo. If Vancouver with Luongo is better than Vancouver with any of the offered packages for Luongo then you keep him and move on. Don't sell him for nothing unless you just have to.