View Single Post
Old
10-20-2012, 05:45 PM
apice3*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
I more or less do that anyway, well it depends on your definition of 'watching' a game. A few minutes here, a few minutes there of whatever's on but I don't really make it a point to watch other teams' whole games per se except maybe the Winter Classic, which I boycotted last year for obvious reasons (though I still watched the 24/7 show).

If it's a playoff game I'll make it a point watch the last few minutes of the 3rd/OT but I can't really get into non-Devil NHL games enough to watch start to finish. I do like hockey don't get me wrong, but actually watching it for two and a half or more hours requires an emotional investment I don't have in those teams.
I watch every Devils game, and on off days I watch every Nets game. On days where neither team plays, I'll watch the Rangers. That pretty much covers every night of television for me. I'll throw on another hockey game if it's on and none of those teams are playing, especially the NBC and NBCSN games.

I just don't see the point of doing it really. How long is that possibly going to last for anyway? A week to prove a point and then go back to normal. The sport treats the fans like **** while we're forcefed to believe otherwise. Now we're kind of just being made aware of it.

Personally, when I go to a game, I'm paying for the entertainment. I'm not paying for the fan appreciation, although it would be nice. As long as the NHL continues to be the best hockey league in the world, I will continue to give them my money to watch. Nothing I can do about how they treat me. I love the sport to much to care really. Unlike a bad girlfriend or a bad restaurant, I can't go somewhere else to fill the void. It's whatever.

Last edited by apice3*: 10-20-2012 at 05:57 PM.