View Single Post
Old
10-20-2012, 05:48 PM
Baronsfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
Yeah, Abbotsford is like 45 minutes from Vancouver, it's basically a suburb. And yeah, my sister and her kids cheer for the wolves as do most fans in the area. I think the Heat should be in either Red Deer or Lethbridge, Wolves in Abbotsford, Barons in Fort Mac (which would work, because we already have a team up here called the Oil Barons), Winnipegs farm team moved to Regina, Ottawas to Hamilton, Torontos can stay in Toronto and Montreal can put their farm team in either St. Johns, Halifax or Fredricton.

This would also save problems in trying to get players up as emergency call ups, remember last year when we had to play that kid from Stockton just because he was the closest to us?

Edit: And by my post don't take it that I don't think OKC deserves an AHL team. I think they do, although I am certainly surprised with the lack of attendance last night given what the product on the ice is. But maybe a team a little closer to OKC would produce better ticket sales. Maybe the Avs or Blues possibly?
If you were surprised with the lack of attendance last night, then you probably shouldn't tune in much more lol. I can probably guarantee you that the Barons won't average 6,300 this season. Last night will be one of the best nights attendance wise. In this market, the Barons have to accept that they are known as an "alternative". In EDM hockey reigns supreme, but here it isn't like that so through persistance and patience will be the only way that OKC can build upon a fan base. It won't happen overnight unfortunately, even with the quality they have on the ice.

Yea, I think it was when Milan Kytnar got in a game in the NHL because Stockton was in Alaska and it was much quicker to get him there I believe.