View Single Post
Old
10-20-2012, 06:47 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
So base his entire tenure - including improving a league-worst 57 point team to a top of the conference team - on one one-for-one trade, dealing away a guy who was a depth defenseman and getting a depth defenseman in return.

Terrible guy, no hockey sense at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
I guess the President of Hockey Operations makes all player moves. Was there something we were trying to prove?
The statement was that Davidson probably scouted the CBJ roster and farm system extensively. I pointed out that, despite that knowledge, a deal was made that involved gaining a defenseman who, in five NHL seasons, had shown minimal progress toward putting his game together. In the process, they gave up someone who had clear talent but was still adjusting to the North American game.

Now, it's entirely possible that Russell is one of those "Hitchcock guys", who he feels some bizarre and illogical attachment to. Mike Keenan had a few of them, notably Brian Noonan, and several other coaches have them as well. If Hitchcock ends up somewhere else, we'll only know in the event that Russell goes there shortly afterward.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote