AHL Prospect Discussion Thread
View Single Post
10-20-2012, 09:06 PM
Join Date: Aug 2012
Just finished watching the Marlies - Bulldogs game tonight. Horrible game from the Bulldogs.
- Greg Pateryn was pretty bad tonight, nothing seemed to go his way at all. He blew defensive coverage and couldn't handle the puck at all.
- Antoine Corbin had a bad game as well. He had a few nice plays offensively, but had a too many turnovers for my liking.
- Brendan Nash was very noticeable, he was extremely physical and had was solid on the breakout. He also took some dumb penalties and chased the puck too much.
- Jarred Tinordi was solid. He had some bad moments, but looked very poised.
- Nathan Beaulieu looked fantastic with the puck on his and he had a ton of chances, but he defense was pretty bad. Not good coverage at all, and didn't tried to stickhandle himself out of trouble unsuccessfully a few times.
- Steve Quailer had good moments and that's about it. He uses his size to protect the puck so well, but he isn't the most physical guy. He really showed some good speed too, but was invisible in his own zone.
- Brendan Gallagher was fantastic, he created a ton of chances, but couldn't get his shot off. He crashed the net quite often.
- Michael Bournival played a quiet but solid game. He never ever gave up, it's not to like the kid, even it's just because of his attitude and motor.
- Louis Leblanc left with an injury. It's a same because he was actually playing a pretty good game.
- Aaron Palushaj played a pretty bad game. Sure he had his chances, but the effort level wasn't there tonight.
- Patrick Holland, he had a handful of nice moves and really had some really nice passes. He needs to learn to shoot at better times, and needs to improve his defensive game.
- The only time Gabriel Dumont wasn't invisible was when he was getting punched in the face. Rough game for him.
- Blake Geoffrion is really playing with the some fire. I'm still not sure if he'll ever be an NHLer though. He's not skilled enough for the top 6 and not physical enough for the bottom 6.
- Korbinian Holzer was solid tonight, well he always is, but he particularly good tonight.
- Nazem Kadri had his fair share of chances. He had some really slick moves. I noticed that he got stripped of the very easily though. Players would just skate by him and take the puck. His strength is an issue, but his skill alone should eventually get him an NHL spot.
- Carter Ashton started off quiet, but played better as the game went on. He's playing with emotion and that's something that he's lacked early into this season.
- Jake Gardiner is too good for the AHL. Like way too good.
- Joe Colborne. Did he even play?
- Jesse Blacker was very good tonight. It didn't show up on the boxscore, but he's improved his defensive game so much. He made some solid plays and was very good defensively.
- Greg McKegg started off very strong, slowed down and then finished strong. He's such an underrated prospect, he's got top 6 potential.
- Leo Komarov was very noticeable. I like how he combines his grittiness and skill.
- Jussi Rynnas looked great. He wasn't tested very often, but when he did he came up big. Looked very good out there.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by That