View Single Post
Old
10-20-2012, 09:38 PM
chet1926

vCash: 500
So I have had an opportunity to watch about 2.5 of the 4 Monsters game so far and one thing that sticks out to me is that they play a very similar style to the Avs. They aren't overly talented but they play a blue collar game and so far have out-worked their opponents.

The Monsters have played 2 really good teams, loaded with NHL caliber players and have won 3 of 4.

In tonights game the Monsters looked like the hungrier team. The Barons who are loaded with players like Schultz, RNH, Eberle and MPS looked like a team with some disinterested NHLers who tried (and were successful sometimes) ridiculous individual efforts.

Aitto played solid again, had a huge save with about 1:30 left on a partial breakaway by Eberle to preserve the win.

Barrie is the best player on the team, if the NHL gets their act together Barrie should get a long hard look at getting top 6 minutes with the Avs.

Sgarbossa had an ok game was pretty solid on faceoffs. Seems to be trying to figure out how to produce at this level. You can see the creativity but its not coming together yet on the score sheet.

Gaunce was also ok, nothing too special.

Heard appears to be getting 4th line minutes right now, so its hard to get a feel for how he is playing. Was on the ice I believe for the 1st goal.

Olver was his usual chippy self, didn't seem to be in on the offense much but at the end of the day he ended up with a goal and assist. Usually when you have a couple points and you weren't really noticed its a good thing.

Elliott has been super disappointing so far, very quiet offensively and has had multiple defensive gaffs, he needs to pick it up.

Carey continues to be a pleasant surprise. Pretty good speed and is producing offensively.

Many others have played pretty solid hockey that I didn't mention, but the ones I mentioned are the one's most people seem to be most interested in.