View Single Post
Old
05-13-2006, 10:28 PM
Kerberos*

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
On NHL ice, yes we'd win all the time. We should have won the Olympics but Gretzky picked a bad team.

It's not ALL about size, that's is an overstatement. But without size, or immense talent, it's impossible to win in this league. Hockey Night in Canada just showed that the top scorers this year were nearly all big men, while under the old rules, smaller men dominated.

I'm not against European players across the board, but we need to get the right ones. And right now we have a lot of small players (who happen to be European). I would much rather have a big Canadian like Getzlaf in there or a Carter.

Detroit won the Cup with a team that wasn't very big and had a lot of smaller Europeans on it, but they also had several superstars. We have no superstars.

I never realized how few big right-handed centers there are in the league. Getzlaf seems like a no-brainer now, especially when we are willing to take on a Robert Lang type player.

When you look at our needs: scorer, a few two-way defensemen, a big right-handed center, and maybe a few checking line guys (or just go with another scoring line).......

Those are in short supply right across the league. We aren't the only team that needs those types of players and it's unlikely that we'll get star players to fill those roles unless we develop them ourselves, other than maybe the defensemen (there are plenty on the market this summer).
SO you're saying we desperately need a Kilger...