View Single Post
Old
10-20-2012, 09:55 PM
domdo345

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
I'm not. I'm just genuinely confused as to why you said that, it's simply not true.

I doubt he's ever going to win any Selke's, but his defensive effort he fantastic. He's a bit lazy on the backcheck? So you saw a highlight that showed that, and now it suddenly becomes true for every other time he plays? He does not like to stay high for the stretch pass, considering that most of the time a stretch pass happens when Sarnia is playing, he's the one who makes that pass.

If all signs say that he's offensively first and plays the strict minimum of defence, you have a strong concern for his upside as an NHL player. He's simply not going to be a world beater offensively, and his defensive game has to make up for that. Which it does.

I'm questioning how much you've actually watched Galchenyuk play.
Not much, but you do not need much to see player's tendencies. If you think it's only the highlight, i'm sorry but you are wrong because I saw it a few times in the 2 games I saw from him. And I think you are actually underrating his offensive ceiling because he's a playmaker first and his supporting cast is weak. For playmakers, most of the time, you need a good offensive Dmen in the second waive which I did not see in any of the Sarnia's defensemen. I respect your opinion but I do not have the same.