View Single Post
Old
10-20-2012, 11:28 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

vCash: 500
The owners stepped up to the table and set the date for the season to still be completed in a full 82 games. They put something on the table that was never on the table before, a 50/50 split. No matter the minute issues with the deal from the players, they could have moved a lot closer. The players decided to not give up nearly as much as the owners did with their proposal. The PA looked terrible there.

Bettman looked terrible the other day declining 3 proposals in a matter of 15 minutes. How can you go over an entire proposal, let alone 3 in that short of a span?

The players need to get closer still. The owners need to move a little more, but I feel as though they have made more strides than the PA. It's time for the players to understand that if something is not done now, they will never get a proposal from the NHL where they get 50% after the 25th. If something is not done by the 25th, I wouldn't be surprised if there is no NHL hockey this year. I'm not going to hold my breath. We've seen this before.