View Single Post
Old
10-20-2012, 11:24 PM
Longshot57
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Me and my Mom were discussing this. She grew up with both Mike and Marion in their old Detroit neighborhood. They are all Macedonian and attend the same church. The old one was at Mi. Ave & 25th street. One since middle/late 60s is on Ford Rd. in Dearborn (Alter Rd.). She said my uncle ( her brother) who knows some of their close friends is going to call to see what is wrong. He had a heart bypass about a year ago and its been said he has not been well ever since. They keep their private business exactly that way.

We also wondered where Marion was. Mike and Marion's parents (Bayoff) are buried within 70 yards of my Dad (who was 100% Italian), my grandmother (Mom's side) and aunt at Grand Lawn.

But for people to make remarks that he's probably going to die after the Tigers win WS is so disrespectful. I pray not for his families sake.

In jest my mother said he always looked sick when growing up. But no joking now as there is definitely something horribly wrong. Leyland and Dombrowski were literally holding him up. There's never been anything in the church bulletin as far as prayers for illness but like I said they like many like to keep personal lives private.

Ilitch never gave up on Detroit, his generation as well as mine remember a better Detroit in days past. And it is that memory that keeps everybody with some hope.

All started with one small pizza joint in Garden City. Whatever is wrong health wise, may he get well.

Longshot57 is offline   Reply With Quote