View Single Post
Old
10-21-2012, 12:23 AM
Kyle McMahon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Like I said earlier Calgary did everything possible to lose that game. Not only do they allow a long Hamilton drive near the end to possibly tie the game, but after the two point convert fails they then gift Hamilton with the weakest defended shortkick I've ever seen. Lets picture this situation. In the ice and snow Hamilton has to kick the ball 10yds to standing Stampeders(pun intended) and somehow recover the ball before a single Calgary players moves one yard to block them out from the ball. All the receiving team in that situation needs to do is control the area. Calgary failed this even before the kick by failing to notice Hamilton converging on one side and Congi telegraphing exactly where its going. Strangely Calgary has 4 players in the spot, the spot everybody knows the kick is going to, and manage to get outnumbered and muscled off the ball.
If I saw a highschool team execute this so poorly I'd boo. Abject incompetence. Possibly the single worst play in the CFL this year and theres been a lot.

But Calgary, despite all incompetence manages to still win the game with a hand from the weather conditions and the horseshoe shoved up their ass.
That onside kick was pathetic beyond words. But at that point I wasn't surprised. Calgary had the look of a team that subconsciously knew this game was likely to have no bearing on their standing, but would deal a severe blow to Edmonton's playoff chances. They couldn't have cared less if they won or lost tonight. Glad to see that try as they might, they just couldn't avoid doing us a favour.