Old
10-21-2012, 02:10 AM
The Nuge
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooilgo View Post
Yes he is
That's what I was assuming, but I wasn't sure. They sure can fight.

Not a whole lot to say about the Vancouver/Calgary game. I really wasn't impressed with anyone on Calgary (including Sylvester, who had a hattrick) and Vancouver wasn't much better. Musil played ok, and had a couple nice hits, but he was taken off the PP and they used Tvrdon instead... Which backfired massively since Kulak doesn't play a lick of defense. They gave up probably 4 or 5 shorthanded breakaways. Scott Cooke, who's a grinder/agitator/fighter, was probably Vancouver's best forward tonight. Houck had a couple monster hits, but that was about it for the Giants forwards. It was pretty much a game of who could play worse.

Couple updates on my previously mentioned people,

Fuhr has cooled down a lot, and although he's better than Liston, he's still pretty shaky

Houck is playing very well. He's scoring over a PPG and delivering some bone jaring hits every game. I'm hoping he doesn't play his way into a 1st round selection so we can look at him in the 2nd.

Ast simply had a good game the other day . He has some skill, but he's definitely more of a small, hardworking guy... Probably no future in the bigs

Orban has worked his way into a top 4 role and has played quite well, but he's probably going to wind up with a similar style game as Plante

The Nuge is online now   Reply With Quote