View Single Post
Old
10-21-2012, 05:36 AM
Moskau

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
Well, he has not always been that quick.
He looks like he's improved since he was with the Sabres organization.
Even when he was in Windsor, the common refrain was that he had to keep his feet moving.
He did look a bit better last year in Rochester and really started producing, but he's looked much better in the three games I've watched with Chicago so far (the last three, two vs. Abbotsford and one against Peoria) than he did with Buffalo or Rochester last season IMO.
I think since being drafted his skating has improved from year to year honestly. Before any apparent "character flaws" the biggest knock on Kassian was always his skating. It's something Ruff and the coaching staff wanted him to work on since his first prospect camp and it's something he not only fixed but became above average at.

It's pretty funny that when the bar fight happened nobody in Buffalo cared about it but after being traded people were quick to say how the writing was on the wall and that he wasn't a dedicated player. I'd say so far he's done nothing but show he is or at least can be. Obviously the guy is a little ****ed up in the head but he hasn't shown any reason to question his work ethic at least off the ice. He can be quite lazy after long stretches of great play but that's a maturity thing.

Moskau is online now   Reply With Quote