View Single Post
Old
10-21-2012, 08:51 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle McMahon View Post
That onside kick was pathetic beyond words. But at that point I wasn't surprised. Calgary had the look of a team that subconsciously knew this game was likely to have no bearing on their standing, but would deal a severe blow to Edmonton's playoff chances. They couldn't have cared less if they won or lost tonight. Glad to see that try as they might, they just couldn't avoid doing us a favour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJGass4 View Post
That's so funny Kyle, I thought the exact same thing. I don't know why Calgary would ever mind playing us, we seem to be cursed against them this season.

However, I did say that I at least know where the horseshoes of that idiot horse that runs around the stadium are. Shoved right up the Stamps arses.

Maybe the way this whole thing is unfolding is our destiny. LOL, wouldn't that be funny if we squeaked in and did some damage? Highly unlikely, but why not?
My take as well. There seemed to be a little Machiavellian contempt there. Theres been precedent for Calgary teams lying down before when it comes to screwing Edmonton clubs so nothing new.

It fits in with the old precept. In Edmonton its a goal to win championships first and foremost. In Calgary the default position of just beating Edmonton is just fine..