View Single Post
Old
05-13-2006, 11:54 PM
Yes Im Peter Ing

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Yes Im Peter Ing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas
Yeah I'm trying to stay positive about it. Shabutie, let me know when you're coming down and we'll wear our Habs jerseys to the game! haha
Ugh. Please don't. I don't say this as a Leaf fan; I say it as a Toronto FC fan.

At the Jays game this past week a few Habs fan attended and paraded around the 500 section with Habs gear on and a giant banner that said "LEAFS SUCK". Ignoring the fact that it was a bit rich of Habs fan to prance around so arrogantly on the heals of their playoff elimination, I just hated the fact that they chose a Blue Jay game to vent their hatred of the Leafs. Yes, we both dislike each other. Yes, there is a rivalry. But Hockey season is over, and with a contending team on the field, I want the crowd at the Skydome to be about the Jays and baseball. I found it obnoxious and disrespectful of the Hab fans to promote their anti-Leaf agenda at a Jays game.

I've waited a long time for soccer of this quality to come to Toronto. I'd hate to see it turned into anything else but about the team on the field.