View Single Post
Old
10-21-2012, 10:01 AM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
Caron is exactly that player, it is like you know how he plays and are describing him.

He has a pretty good shot and he even has some nice moves on the breakaway and although he isn't speedy, he isn't slow, probably average NHL speed.

Nothing about him jumps out at you, but the entire package makes caron a good player. I think that is why so many Bruins fans don't really care about him. He doesn't hit like Lucic or score like Seguin or Fight like Thornton, his game is kind of bland but it works for him.

When he played with Krejci and Lucic he used his body extremely effectively to get them the puck and directly was responsible for that line scoring so well in the few games they played together.

He also hasn't finished developing in my opinion, I think we are just getting an idea of the player he will be.

I have been wrong before, but I think he will be a 20 goal scoring winger who plays on the 2nd line and the PK but probably not the PP unless they want him to stand in front of the net to knock home rebounds.

I like the kid but I also don't expect him to be a 1st liner or a 40 goal scorer like some people do because he was drafted in the 1st round. For a kid who was taken 25th overall I think it should be pointed out that he has outperformed all but maybe 8-10 players from that draft so far and not many more than that have made an NHL team yet.

Caron is not a star, he will be a good player who can play anywhere in the lineup when asked to and those kind of players can be invaluable to teams come playoff time.
I believe that Caron would be more what the Bruins would want for a playoff run. They have more than enough skill already and teams love grit.

Hardyvan123 is offline   Reply With Quote