View Single Post
Old
10-21-2012, 12:42 PM
StringerBell

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
Here's what I gather, as a Wings fan who wants the Leafs (and Burke) to fail miserably, but does not want Vancouver to improve.

Vancouver is set on D. They have a backup in Eddie Lack once they trade Luongo, so there's no need to get goaltending.

This means forwards, futures, or an upgrade on D that is an offer that can't be refused.

A 2nd line center is the ideal fit as a starting piece; fills Kesler's spot and can center the 2nd PP, plus hopefully PK. Connolly would be a good fit in this respect, but he has a high cap hit and his deal expires at the end of the year; not to mention his NTC. Matthew Lombardi also would work well; he's paid less with no NTC, but does turn UFA after the season.

So let's work around Lombardi. Obviously a 30 year-old 2/3 center with one year left on his deal is not fair value. A second line winger to go with Kesler could be added. This should probably be Kulemin. After that, a 1st pick seals the deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
A very reasonable assertion. Now if only reasonable assertions seemed to actually sway opinions in this thread...
Agreed. Kulemin, Lombardi and a 1st is what I proposed too. And as I said before, I would have no problem making that first top 10 protected, to ensure Burke doesn't get burned again.