Old
10-21-2012, 11:45 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
IMO:

If the rule passes that the signing team eats a retirement deal then his value increases, and multiple teams could have interest.

If Luongo is willing to waive his clause to go to multiple locations the value increases as there is competition for his services.

I could see something like Kadri, Blacker, conditional 1st. in 2013(Leafs make playoffs), conditional 1st. in 2014(Leafs win the Cup).

Burke has shown no fears of throwing 1st. round picks into deals. Look at the depth of the Pronger deal, overall he gave up 4 first round picks for Pronger (IIRC and a 2nd.).

If Luongo is the answer and they end up in the playoffs then we're talking about a 16th. to 30th. first round pick. Kaberle landed a 1st. and former 1st. rounder (Colborne).

I'd speculate Burke would get another asset in return, someone from the Canucks farm team. Probably a middling prospect who might need a change of scenery.

Kadri, Blacker, conditional 1st.(2013 playoffs), conditional 1st.(2014 Cup)
for
Luongo, prospect.

It may be necessary to move salary from the Leafs to the Canucks to balance the cap situations out.

I know Leafs' fans will scream in abject terror, but I'm looking at Burke's history of trades, and his propensity to include picks. If the Ducks' fans were like Leafs' fans, I can just imagine how they felt about the:

Pronger
for
Joffrey Lupul
Ladislav md
2007 first-round draft pick (Nick Ross)
2008 first-round draft pick -conditional (Jordan Eberle)
2008 second-round draft pick (Travis Hamonic)

Of course they didn't know the picks would be as bad (low in the 1st. round) as they turned out.

Ducks won the Cup.

Would you take the picks back and forfeit your Cup?
Well said. I would be satisfied with a deal like this, salary would probably come in the form of Lombardi or Connolly who can play 2/3C.

I think a prospect like Schroeder might make sense for the Leafs, as he's unlikely to get a shot in our top-6 with Henrik and Kesler down the middle, and he's been playing really well in the AHL, the problem is his linemates have issues reading the play and finishing for him. If he were to get a shot playing between Lupul and Kessel, I think it work wonders for his confidence and career.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote