View Single Post
Old
10-21-2012, 02:10 PM
Six in O6

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle McMahon View Post
We were a botched snap away from missing the playoffs there. If Hamilton had won tonight, I honestly don't think we'd have gotten in. Still nothing guaranteed, but we'd need to go 0-2 and Hamilton or Winnipeg would need to go 2-0. The Blue Bombers still having an outside chance at the playoffs heading into week 17 is unbelievable.
There are a lot of if's in your assesment of last night's game in relation to the Eskimos. I think you are flat out wrong. If Hamilton was a better team, they wouldn't be in this situation. On the same note as Calgary, the Esks have lost four games by two points or less. Some teams get those bounces, some teams don't. That's just the type of season it has been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auguste Escoffier View Post
With Ottawa receiving yet another franchise, I sense CFL fans(for the most part) will be watching terrible football. The league can barely supply enough talent as it is.
I can't agree with any thing here either. This league can probably support 10-12 teams. Ottawa will have some growing pains but there is a lot of opportunity there. I mean, just look at the QB position across the league and the Eskimos ability to find defensive players this late in the season. There are a lot of guys out there. The NCAA is simply a machine, they put out so many players every year and maybe 5% of them stick around to play pro football (CFL or NFL).

And Saskachewan has scrapped plans for a domed stadium but whatever they build will be designed to have the option to put in a retractable roof at a later date.