View Single Post
Old
10-21-2012, 02:14 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Scheifele will almost certainly NOT play in the AHL next year. He might be a tad slow on the development path, but not to the point that he can't crack our roster. He did enough last year in training camp and pre-season to get his shot. I don't think him leading the league in pre-season scoring really carries any weight. I think it was more the fact that he did all of the right things and showed he can play against guys that might already be in the NHL, AHL, and guys his own age.
Scheifele can only play the AHL this year the same way he did last year. I think he'll get a short look at camp though just so they can judge and evaluate him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
As for him playing center. He will in due time, but he has to be able to win faceoffs. Otherwise, it'll be useless for us this year or next year. He'll have to line up at wing more often. Schiefele was awful when he took them last year. Little was 49.6%. Slater was 54.4%. One of Antro or Burmi will have to improve because one will likely be a center. This is an area as a team we are weak at and NEED to improve.
Wellwood is good but Noel is opposed to using him there.
I would love for us to have our third line as Poni-Antro-Welly and have Antro play C but Welly take the draws.

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote