View Single Post
Old
10-21-2012, 11:02 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade View Post
I am in my 40's and am skeptical by nature. So temper what I say with that info.

However, this one is a little different. I have observed Bettman and respect that he is ruthless. Doesn't mean I like it or him.

Fehr was hired to win a battle. He could care less about hockey or the fans. Why should he? I doubt he has ever watched a game in his life.

This situation is going to be incredibly ugly.

We already know the owners are willing to axe a full season and it appears that the players are fully behind a guy who is all in on winning a so called negotiation.

Fehr has the players believing that they gave back years ago with no need to do it again. This is a young player base. Players are conditioned to follow a leader. This is a full out labor disaster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
I also believe we will lose 2 seasons

Just look at the low IQ level of the union members ,, They dont even realize they are following him off a cliff

NHLPA coup that put in Fehr power signaled the reality that 2012-13 would be lost and the players will still believe the BS he feeds them (And the Hardliners spread) that they wont lose in this fight

Simple reality is players will eventually cave and take a deal much worse and they will say "This fight was pointless" just like last time
I just don't see how anyone, players included, could believe that the NHL could possibly be viable if they lost two consecutive seasons. They'd lose nearly all of their fans, including me... Well, at least I hope I'd have the balls to walk away if it ever came to that.

I think there's really no chance two seasons are lost unless those crazy rumors (I hope they're rumors) are true that if this season is lost, the PA will come to the table with offers that nix the salary cap completely.

It's hard to explain, but I feel like the two sides are so close, and so far away at the same time that I just hope they can figure their **** out and put the product back on the ice. But you guys are right, the NHLPA declared war by putting Fehr in place. The NHL declared war with their first offer to the PA. Both sides are out for blood and don't appear to be backing down whatsoever.

I just want NHL hockey back