View Single Post
Old
10-21-2012, 10:31 PM
bruinsfan46

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
Some strong starts from some of the guys looking to get their names into play for the team:

Cody Payne (Plymouth) is off to a very strong start with 8 goals and 5 assists in 11 games.

Riley Barber (Miami - Ohio) has 3 goals and 2 assists in 4 games.

Colin Jacobs (Prince George) has 8 goals and 7 assists in in 12 games.

Brady Vail (Windsor) has 6 goals and 10 assists in 13 games as well.

And my favorite wildcard, Adam Erne (Quebec) has 6 goals and 11 assists in 12 games.

That's 5 players that weren't in play this summer for Team USA that are starting strong to hopefully earn some longer looks from USAH. Has anyone seen these players (or maybe some others not listed) this year? What are you thoughts?
Cody Payne looks great, big kid who can really skate and is showing remarkable offensive skill. He can be physically imposing and is doing a great job getting to the net and making plays with his soft hands. Does most of his damage offensively really close to the net from what I've seen. I don't know about World Juniors, he had six goals his first two OHL seasons total and tht's a big leap. Have to see how he's maintaining his level of play a month and a half from now, looks to me like his play this year isn't a house of cards and he can maintain a level at least close to this. I've always liked what I've seen from Brady Vail too, kid can definitely play.

bruinsfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote