View Single Post
Old
10-21-2012, 10:34 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
I have also sort of pegged him as a 4-5 guy, with the outside shot that he becomes a guy who can be the go to on a middle pairing. His physical game still has me a little worried. It is nice to hear that he's bringing it more often recently, but I'll be curious to see how nasty he can get when he's playing men v. boys.
I'm not worried at all about his physical game. He's never going to be a prolific hitter, but he defends the hard areas with an edge.

He'll battle for his patch of ice. That's the best way I can put it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
Scott Harrington has the most "hockey IQ" of any defenceman currently under the age of 20 that I have seen. That's not to say I think he's the best prospect by any stretch, but I am 100 percent sure Harrington becomes an NHL regular within the next 4 years. He's always in the right position with his body and with his stick. If he were 4 inches taller and had a mean streak he would have been picked in the top 10.
Yep. I think he's getting severely underrated with the bottom-pairing projections. The kid's considered by well-informed sources to be the best shutdown defenseman in junior hockey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valarukar View Post
It's hard to tell how he will be once he gets to join the Pens organization just because they really emphasize defensemen jumping into the play and to me at least he seems to have the hockey IQ to do that very well while not suffering on the defensive side of the puck. I haven't seen him play a lot, but even like at our prospects game he just seems to have something about him that I like a lot right away and can't put my finger on it.
He's smart, quick, and decisive at both ends of the ice. He rarely holds the puck for long, and when he moves it, it's virtually always the most efficient path out of danger.